Covid-19 Statement and Northern T&F League 2020

For the information of all athletes interested in competing in the T&F League 2020, the current position (as of 31-Mar-2020) is below. We will update when we hear more:

To All main Team Contacts

Following the directive sent out by England Athletics and endorsed by all home countries moving the date for no training or competitions back to May 31st,

the league management have decided that it would be wise to cancel the second round matches due on Sunday June 7th June.


This decision hasn’t been taken lightly.


Having now lost 2 matches already, it is clear that the last two matches now need to be considered.

The management committee believe that at this point we should cancel the whole season as it is obvious that things are not going to improve quickly.

Schools are likely closed until September. Officials over 70 and those with under lying health issues have been told to self isolate for initially 12 weeks.

This would take us to mid-June anyway so officials are likely to be an issue as well.


Once things start improving restrictions are not going to be relaxed en bloc, it will be gradual relaxation of the restrictions.

Stadia I have heard from don’t expect to open until the end of July at the earliest.

If we do cancel the season, then any fees already paid will be carried over into 2021. 

If we do have the last 2 matches, if possible, there would be no promotion and relegation, no division one playoff match and bear in mind the League is likely to be restructured in 2021.

If any clubs have comments to make please direct them back to myself and Terry Bailey

Alan Johnson

Secretary

NoE T&F League